Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

blessie_villena
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: na

Need help...Blackberry Bold 9780 - Unable to connect to the Internet using the WIFI if the data services of mobile network is OFF...

Need help...Blackberry Bold 9780 - Unable to connect to the Internet using the WIFI if the data services of mobile network is OFF...

I'm getting a high bill because of my mobile internet since I activated the BB services, I cannot use my wifi if the data services is OFF in my mobile network settings... I requested to deactivate my GPRS and hope to resolve the issue... How can I use my WIFI without being charged for mobile internet? Please help me... Thank you....

Please use plain text.
kjreen
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: China Unicom

Re: Need help...Blackberry Bold 9780 - Unable to connect to the Internet using the WIFI if the data services of mobile network is OFF...

If your wifi connection is available, the system will automatically use your wifi connection instead of GPRS connection. But it seems that you can never use wifi with GPRS OFF.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
togar
My Device: 9780

Re: Need help...Blackberry Bold 9780 - Unable to connect to the Internet using the WIFI if the data services of mobile network is OFF...

I think this have something to do with your blackberry package. Please check with your provider if you are allowed to use wifi with current packages. Some providers don't allow it.
your "thumb" would be appriciated if you find my post helpful
Please use plain text.
blessie_villena

I received a text confirmation from my provider saying that my request to deactivate my GPRS has been processed but when I tried to turn ON the data service of my mobile network, the edge is capitalized again and I still have my BB social network activated eventhough they said that its was deactivated already....for sure it will be mobile internet again even if I will use my wifi... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
blessie_villena

I'll ask my provider regarding this... thank you...

Please use plain text.