Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: videotron

Need help to unlock my blacberry bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am a mother of a sixteen years old teenager. I bought him a Blackberry bold 9700 in august 2011. My problem is, that my son left the house and disapeared 3 days ago.

A week before it happens, I cancelled the phone with the company I'm in businees with. But, his Blackberry is locked. When I press any key on the BB, It always asked me a password that I don't have.

I tried to get some help on the net with giving my IMEi and PRD. But when I enter all the numbers of the key, it's still doesn't work. I really need to open the BB to get more information about the people He was talking to and his contacts for hopefuly find him.

The police needs more information to help us.

Tell me, what could I give you to proove you that I'm a honnest person and that I'm really the person who bought the BB?

In the meantime, there is

<Personal Content Removed>

Nancy, who's really concerned about her son.

Note, I'm no good with the new technology, that's why I need more help than regular people.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Need help to unlock my blacberry bold 9700

Hi and Welcome to the Community...and apologies for the delayed reply.

I do so hope that your situation is already resolved, but just in case.

BBs are the most secure mobile devices available. The password you describe is the device lock password, and only by entering that correct password can the device be unlocked and access to the data granted. There is no "master" or "override" password and even RIM has no method to otherwise unlock the BB and gain access to the data...only that user-created password can unlock the BB.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code