Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Accepted Solution

Netgear WVPN824 WiFi issue connecting to BIS/BES

[ Edited ]

For a few days I have been trying to get WiFI working at work.

I can connect but only get a grey icon for WiFi so only hotspot browser works.

Upgraded router frimware, no luck

Upgraded other router firmware, no luck

Both are connected up this way

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965

I have tried with just one on (master only) and no connection to BES/BIS over WiFi.

I have looked at/changed  many settings and still it persists.

At home it works fine with different model Netgear router.

Router IP is static and separate from all other firewalls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Netgear WVPN824 WiFi issue connecting to BIS/BES

Found a link about WMM (Wi-Fi multi-media) Settings in QOS.

still not fixed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Removed all extended range setting, since we use regular WiFi cards.

Disabled 108n

Even after battery pull, still not connecting. At home it takes less than a minute to connect.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

After some thinking I disabled all settings on QOS with the slave powered off and able to connect.

Left UPNP on and WOW it worked. Woo Hoo.

But wait...Connecting the slave back and it fails, so I am getting closer but not there yet.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Does not make any sense, since the slave is not connected to the master via WAN port. I changed the QOS settings for the slave and now it works on that one too. I would think that QOS would be from LAN to WAN but it is not. No I can have faster surfing in the office. :smileyvery-happy:

My settings in QOS on both units.

WiFifix.jpg

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Some WiFi routers do not support WPA2 AES-CCMP just AES, see if yours supports it.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]

Some routers only supply 5 ghz for N type networks and the Torch will not connect to those unless you turn off N or change it so that N uses only the 2.4 ghz frequency that the Torch will work on.

Since it is also like a VPN connection to RIM services, some routers can only handle one VPN connection or just a few connections to any VPN. My home router will only allow me one connection and I have to turn off my wifi on Torch to connect to VPN at work.

Please use plain text.
ddmanning
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: at&t

Thank You!!!  Thank Goodness for all you smart people who can fix these problems.  My bb torch has blazing speed at home on my netgear now. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
navatala
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: telefonica

I had the same issue and restarting the router also fixed it

I hate it when a reboot fixes something, it means the technology sucks...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mlaxamana16
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: at&t

where can i find the QoS?

Please use plain text.