Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

StoneyCreekLass
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

New BB Bold, new SIM card rejected

I have a new bb bold 9780. I'm a first-time user of bb and everything was great today. Suddenly, I'm getting a SIM card rejected message on the phone.

The phone is only 9 days old with a new sim card - it's not pulled from my old phone. Is there any reason, other than faulty card, that I would receive a message like this? I was using bb messenger earlier and it was fine. Now only emergency calls.

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: New BB Bold, new SIM card rejected

Hello StoneyCreekLass,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums :smileyhappy:

Have you tried reinserting the battery and SIM card as a test?

If so, you may want to test inserting another SIM card from the same wireless provider as a test. If it does not give the same error message you may want to contact your wireless service provider.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

dathill
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Hey I've started to get the same thing, it happens because I have a house in the countryside where there is very bad reception. It seems that whenever I lose signal after a minute it says sim card rejected.

symonpeter
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

i experience the same problem and i usually just turn off my BlackBerry and turn it on again, and it will work just fine again.

New Contributor
erogoka
My Device: Bold 9780

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought my Bold 9780 nine months ago. Today it happens, I reset it by ALT+aA+DEL, and it OK!

I wonder when does it happen again? I so worry about that. Please reply me soon. 

Thanks you alots!

[Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]