Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Bashman40
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange but no data included just wifi
Accepted Solution

New BB user software update

Hi guys iv owners my 9700 for a while just never used it, decided to put it in use and wanted to firstly update the firmware to the latest version I think I'm running V5 (looked in options and about) what is the latest version update I can apply and how is this done ? Iv downloaded the PC software but it says I have the latest version ? Look forward to your input guys.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: New BB user software update

Hello Bashman40

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If possible don't look or try to update your BlackBerry Bold 9700 to any higher OS like OS6 , Operating System 5 will offer a good device response and won't face any issue like low memory , device lagging or freezing. You can Search this forums and will find that most user who installed OS6 on there Bold 9700 finally have to downgrade to OS5 because  Bold 9700 don't have enough memory

But still if you want to update let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bashman40
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange but no data included just wifi

Thanks for the reply if that's the issue then I will stick to v5 thanks for your input
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Bashman40

Thanks for considering that :smileyhappy: Believe me you choose the right steps, Now with OS5 you can Install a few more apps , while browsing you can open multiple tabs , and most important you will get better performance  as compared to OS6 on your Bold 9700.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.