Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New Blackberry Bold Won't Power On

Hi,

I received two new Blackberry Bold's last week for a couple of the bosses here.  What I did was thinking it was the right thing to leave them on charge via a USB hub over the weekend to ensure a full first charge.  Coming in today they won't power on.  Left the battery's out in both of them for about five minutes and put it back in and they still won't power on.  The USB was powered from a UPS so the power would've been clean.  Seems to be odd that both units are exhibiting the same issue.

Any possible suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Richard.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: New Blackberry Bold Won't Power On

Try opening ur desktop Manager v4.3 or higher.

Go to 'Application Loader' - the plug in the device when the second screen comes up. (com port selection)

Leave the battery out of the device while u do this. Give a few minutes and do u see it comes up with device pin?

If not, try it with the battery in?

If it is recognising the pin either way, u will need to download the BOLD device OS from the carriers website it was sold from. Install that into your desktop manager then repeat the steps above to push the software onto the device..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bingo, thanks mate, worked a treat!  FYI Battery in was required.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Yes i forgot to add the battery needs to be put back in once it recognises the device.

Glad it fixed it.

Enjoy ur new BOLDS.

If my post helped you, please select 'Kudos' so its recognised for others to refer to for help.

Thankyou

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~