Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
andy9852
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: New Bold 9900 battery life

Thanks a lot!! I will definitely give it a try later on to test it out. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LynneHuppert
My Device: Bold9900

This is totally unacceptable. RIM should produce a better battery for the bold 9900.  Good grief.  My Nokia would last days. Yet another reason to move to iPhone...

MotherHuppert
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Peggy99
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTS

I was forced to upgrade from a Curve 8XXX to a Blackberry Bold 9900 by my employer, and the half-working rollerball on the Curve.

The battery life on this new Bold is abysmal.

I don't run apps. I'm using battery save mode. I'm at the latest OS.

I receive corporate emails, which is about it.

I'm int he same coverage area as my old Curve.

And I'm still lucky to get a day and a half on it after sending 0 texts and receiving 0 phone calls.

I can only imagine what my battery life would be if I DID ACTUALLY USE IT.

This is completely unacceptable. I'm nowehere near a power source for much of my workday, and I don't spend a lot of time in a car. My workplace wont pay for a second battery, and really - I should need one!

Blackberry has to answer for this - or improve the function.

Otherwise I'll have to give this back, because I can't use it for my work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LynneHuppert

My phone software is verson 7.0.0 Bundle 2406 and when I check for updtes it says your BlackBerry is up to date

:smileysad: and I cannot find the "when battery power is low" setting. :smileysad:

MotherHuppert
Please use plain text.
Juventino
My Carrier: Vodafone

I just got Bold 9900 couple of days ago and my joy was quite quickly substituted by this unpleasent surprise about battery. Not that is can hardly survive until the evening, it is getting very warm too and as I know it is ever worse.

Are your batteries getting worm too OR you just drained quickly without generating the heat?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdalgety
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN / Vodacom

Battery life is still bad, don't keep apps running, enabled all powersaving options.

My opinion is RIM should recall, the phone is useless as a business phone. A few phone calls and the phone is dead, mine is 2 weeks old and is encridbly frustrating, consumers should not accept this, my previous torch, bold and curve was better and the features have not much improved
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LynneHuppert

I have since downloaded the latest software which, I think included an 'application resource manager' with it and this has made a huge difference but only extended the battery life from 2hrs to 4hrs. Not really good enough in my opinion. :smileysad:
MotherHuppert
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LynneHuppert

Thanks Andy9852
My battery life has doubled from 2 hours to 4 hours. Actually it lasts 12 hours now.
I really appreciate the practical advice.
MotherHuppert
Please use plain text.
flanker_
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t-com

The solution is so simple (or at least it was for me).

Go to Options -> Device -> Aplication Management and then scroll left for CPU Now usage. I had there Blackberry Messenger still running, mostly use 20-40% of my CPU.  As I don't use it, I simply uninstall it. Now, my Bold 9900 after rare using runs for third day without charging.

I've got 7.1.0.391 version. Because I sometimes upgraded messenger I'm not sure, what was the last problematic version, which I uninstalled.

At the end I want so say, my battery has run for some times ago for 2-3 days, too. But some day, it rapidaly changed. And it was quite new original battery, so no discharged old one.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scruffa
My Carrier: Telstra

Honestly guys and girls. I haven't found a solution to the poor battery life on this phone. I have adjust everything even adjusted brightness, screen time, cpu usage, removed unused apps the whole lot. The truth is the battery is **bleep** and no matter what you do you are not going to get more than 1 1/2 days life (at best) from this phone.
Please use plain text.