Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

New Bold 9930 Touch Screen w/Mind of its own

Hey out there, I have just upgraded to the new Bold 9930 and I'm experiencing intermittent issues with the touch screen where it appears to have a mind of its own.

Specifically the cursor will randomly scroll up without user input.  Sometimes it's a line or two but usually it's all the way back to the top of the content currently being displayed on the screen.

At first I thought that it was me.  That is to say that I was doing something to make it happen like touching the screen with multiple fingers or other body parts but I have observed the actions with absolutely no contact with the screen so it can't be inadvertent touching.

Then I thought that it might be the screen protector I installed.  I use the Invisible Shield products by Zagg so I uninstalled the screen protector and carefully cleaned the screen with a microfiber cloth but it continues to randomly scroll.

I have no apps installed other than what the phone came with and I have tried with and without a memory card installed but the random behavior continues.

By random I mean occasionally and indiscriminately in other words it doesn't happen any more or less frequently depending on whether I am in email or contacts or text messaging or any other application.  It also doesn’t seem to have a cadence to it.  I could go an hour or two without experiencing the behavior and have it happen twice or three times in rapid sequence.

At this point it is a nuisance issue and the device is still useable but it is worrisome and I would be very grateful for any thoughts or ideas about what might be the culprit in this case so please chime in if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

-GH

-GH

My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: Verison

Re: New Bold 9930 Touch Screen w/Mind of its own

I have the same issue. I think it's a bug. hope they fix it soon

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon

Re: New Bold 9930 Touch Screen w/Mind of its own

10/21/11 Took it to the Verizon store and they said they have seen similar situations. They gave me a replacement...which I hope will be bug free. .