Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
chulap
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New Rogers Bold software released! (Upgrade instructions here!)

nvm, problem fixed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BCMike
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Bifocals,

vlingo v2 is out.  I installed it this morning and played with it on and off all day.  It would appear to be everything its cracked up to be.  I used it to send e-mails, SMSs, open google maps and ID a place for lunch, leave myself notes.  This is the wave of the future.  I'll be watching it learn my enunciations (which is still as insinuated above).  It doesn't recognize proper nouns so I do go back and capitalize them.  Similarly it doesn't insert punctuations so I'm feeding it sentences one at a time.  Can I get it to send by finishing a message with a specific command?  Any other tricks you tend to use more often? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
colinrootz

Hello all,

I just upgraded to .168 using the instructions at the beginning of this thread, and the link postedby phybersplice:

http://www.berryreview.com/2008/10/26/bold-os-460168-found-in-the-wild/

I deleted the Vendor.xml as specified.  The installation went exactly as described.  Everything seems quite fine.  All data and apps are there (it moved my Windows Live Messenger icon, but it's still there and I upgraded  to a newer version of WLM and it was fine too.)  Sending and recieving emails, SMS and phone calls just fine.

I havent tested Bluetooth for sending contacts as yet...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhichhaw
My Device: Vodafone BOLD OS 4.6.0.162

Hi

My BB Bold is running on OS 4.6.0.162. Is there a newer version of the OS to load so as to save on battery life?

I am connected to BB Enterprise server but I am currently on holiday and do not have access to my office PC. Can I do the upgrade from my home laptop (I need to continue receiving mails from my office server).

Please use plain text.
hkm
hkm

where do i do all this  ?.. on my mobile or on my laptop ?.. and if its on my laptop i own a macbook.. is that a problem ?
Please use plain text.
hkm
hkm

does it support arabic ?
Please use plain text.
witani
My Device: BOLD 9000

Yes, I had the arabic support problem, installed this OS and it fixed the problem.  In application installer you will be given the option to install arabic support.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GHOBBAS

First of all, I would like to thank you for your advise regarding upgrading the software of my BB because battery drain issue has been resolved.

There is another software 4.6.0.216. Shall I go for it?

how is frequent shall I go for upgrading?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GHOBBAS

I am UAE etislate subscriber. still I need to go for the step no 5?

The link showing software BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.477 (Multilanguage), is it higher than 4.6.0.162? shall i go for it , when my BB is bilingual Ar/Eng?

Please use plain text.
cmazurski
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

I did this as I usually do when new software comes out but this time all my programs are gone, all my emails are gone, well most of them, a few are there from from early 2009 then nothing and then the last week or two since I updated but also missing are my passwords from my safe, service book entries / errors, music, pictures, videos, all gone though it said it backed it up when I did the upgrade but now I am wondering if that backup is corrupt and not sure how to fix it if thats the problem.  Now when I try to update I get an intelisync error, hit okay and it says it finishes okay but I am not sure how to restore from this point now that I have this intelisync problem. Do you have any idea what caused it and how to fix it or at least get around it? 

Thanks, 

Chris M.

Please use plain text.