10-10-2008 08:44 PM - edited 10-11-2008 01:20 AM
I've been reading through tons of messages on this forum, and I think quite a few of the problems here can easily be fixed by just upgrading to the latest Blackberry Bold software. A lot of people don't know about it, but there has been many updates in the last while.
I only decided to make this topic, since Rogers has finally updated their official software to 18.104.22.168 - which is a very worthwhile upgrade!
Note - If you are NOT with rogers. You can still upgrade without a problem... but BEFORE step 5, head to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
And DELETE the file: Vendor.xml
Then continue to step 6 and you will be fine.
For Rogers Blackberry Bold Users:
1) Head to this website:
2) Choose Blackberry Bold 9000 Software from the drop-down menu.
3) Click "Download this software" at the bottom of the page.
4) Answer the required information, then click next to begin downloading the software.
5) Make sure you do not have Desktop Manager open, OR your blackberry plugged in, then launch the software you just downloaded. Just go through the install process, it should be pretty straight forward.
6) Once the software has been installed, launch Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your Bold via USB.
7) When Desktop Manager starts, it SHOULD detect new software then ask you to upgrade. If it does - click yes, and go ahead! It will take about 30 minutes.
8) If there is NO popup asking to upgrade, just click Application Loader, and that should trigger the software upgrade.
And that's it! Your bold should now be upgraded!
Note 2 - This upgrade should not delete your 3rd party software and themes. Desktop Manager will actually back up your software and restore it back after the upgrade.
There! Everyone please upgarde, and we will avoid a lot of the weird glitches from earlier versions.
10-11-2008 05:34 PM
I do exactly like you say (including delete the vendor file) but something is wrong.
After I conect my BB the device manager start automaticly to check available updates and show me a list with many thinks including 22.214.171.124 software.
I press "ok" and after that the device managet tell me that "no software update is required for your device"
10-11-2008 06:00 PM
Sorry ... now it's ok
I delete again the vendor file after I instal new devicemanager and I have now 126.96.36.199 on my BB Bold.
I hope this version will fix many (not all) of the problems that I have it with this device.
PS Sorry for my english
10-12-2008 04:04 AM
10-12-2008 02:19 PM
srustiranjan, It's not actually Rogers asking for details - but rather RIM. If you're still not okay with putting in real information - then just make something up. As long as you put some semi-legit information, the download will still work.
And for mac - I have no clue, sorry
10-14-2008 06:02 PM
Better for my Orange bold than before when I was on .92
Like the way SMS worksnow when you reply as the old message is there not off screen.
10-14-2008 07:50 PM
I will have to wait until I get to my PC at work to attempt the software upgrade (MAC at home...sorry).
I came here due to persistent problems with pending emails, which only battery removal and reboot solves, that thread made ref to this one.
I'm on O2 in the UK.
Will I need to back up the BB before upgrading software?
10-16-2008 10:12 AM