Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
paul7876
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Newbie needs help setting up e-mail

Hi everyone,

I've been the proud owner of a Bold for roughly 48 hours now. This is my first Blackberry so please bear with me.

I need to set up my Yahoo e-mail. I remember setting it up before, but I deleted it as my network usage allowance (3 Australia) was showing 2mb roaming allowance, half of which was used in one day.

I think the e-mail was set up via a browser page, but I can't get back to that page. The e-mail set-up wizard seems to be for setting up via BES which I don't have. Does anyone know the page address?

Also, I remember when I selected Browser (not Planet 3) I was taken to a BB page that showed several options setting up various things. There were about 5 or 6 grey boxes listed on top of each other? Does anyone know the page address for this too?

Thanks for any help,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Newbie needs help setting up e-mail

Do you also see a Personal Email Setup icon on the device? If not try going into Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. In this screen just hit the menu button and choose Register Now. See if you receive a registration message delivered to your device. Afterwards reset the device by removing the battery for 30 seconds. After the device reboots see if you have that icon now. If you still don't you can try setting up the account again on your carrier's BIS website to add the email accounts back?

Which options do you remember on that website? Try going to mobile.blackberry.com on your browser and see if that's the page.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Hi Paul,

Have you subscribed to a Blackberry Data Plan?

What carrier are you with? 3?

If you havent subscribed to a Blackberry Data aplan in additiona to the phone rental plan then you wont get the correct options on the device.

It works this way for Telstra and I'm pretty sure its the same with 3. The handets are set up for BES only by default and when you subscribe to BB data service then the Handset picks up the extra options.....

I dont say its a good way to work, but thats the way it works....

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
paul7876
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies.

I've managed to fix this will a simple battery pull. Having said that, I'm sure I had already tried this and it hadn't worked.

Everything is now working fine, and thanks again for your help.

Paul

Please use plain text.