Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Doc160160
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: 5135050019

Nickel/Cobalt Allergy

I am currently trying to determine if the Blackberry Bold 9930 or the Blackberry Torch 9800 or 9810 have any nickel or cobalt on the exterior of the phone? If so, which one, and if possible, could you tell me where on the phone contains either of these metals? I am allergic to both metals so just trying to see if either one of these phones would work for me.  

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Nickel/Cobalt Allergy

I don't believe any of these models have nickel or cobalt on the exterior, but I haven't seen any place to be 100% certain. The bezel around the 9900 is stainless steel, so that should be ok, and I believe the rest of the exterior components are made from various plastics.

As to the Torch models, there could be some in the slider mechanism, but there's no way to be certain.

Unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be much info available with regards to this subject, so I wish I could help more.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.