Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
cloudy5428
My Device: Bold-9780

No Chinese language input after a software update....HELP!!

Dear all,

May someone please help me: on re-install "Far-Eastern language support" on my Bold 9780?!

I have this BB-bold 9780 since 3 years ago in France, and I had installed the language support by following steps of below link.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Is-there-support-for-East-Asian-Languages-for...

But now, this is no longer working!! 

After an update of device software, it's all gone! And I back to NO-CHINESE mobile... :No:

Please... Can anyone help?!!

Highly apprecated~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:Angel:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: No Chinese language input after a software update....HELP!!

Hi cloudy5428

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Availability of language depends on the device software that you installed in your device, If you recently updated your device OS then it has replaced your previous OS which is offering those languages in your device.

First  try to connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section are you able to view that specific language ? if you're then , select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone a + will appear next to the language to install > Click Apply.

If you're unable to view that specific language then you have to download and install an All Language OS pack from  from your carrier or any carrier from Asia Pacific region. Use desktop software to install that language in your device. Please note if you try an OS pack from other carrier then you have to delete a few VENDOR .XML files from those locations :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

You can locate and download the OS pack having All Language  from here BlackBerry Software Download Site

Go through those KB which may guide you :

KB05305 : Localization support for BlackBerry Smartphones.

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem while doing.

Good luck. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
cloudy5428

Dear Prince2012,

Thanks for your reply.

I did follow these instructions: I re-installed previous OS (OS6) to my mobile, and also tried many other OSs from Asia-Pacific service providers (as I always did before, before it worked), but the results are all the same.

There's always NO far-eastern language support shows up the desktop software, so that I tried the add it by "import files (CJK.alx)", and then there comes a message:

There was an error importing files:
No additional applications can be found. Your file might be contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible for your device, or have errors.

I did even wipe my mobile (after backup) and then install earlier OS, and then the result is still so dispointed.
Very sad... I've been spending hours and hours yesterday and today to re-do every possibility...
and I am about to give up this mobile and maybe to go buying a new one :No:
I was waiting for Q10..... but now... so dispointed by Blackberry....

Anyway, appreciate a lot for your help...
Have a nice day~! :Clover:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi cloudy5428

Don't be so sad you can install Chinese language in your device , Actually for those east Asian languages you have to scratch a few Carrier OS , there is no guaranty  that all Asia Pacific region provide those languages. And wiping has nothing to do with those languages.

If you're willing to do I can try to help. No need to spend hrs alone as this  BlackBerry Support forums is meant for us you should have replied if you're having problem . 

So can you tell us which Carrier OS you have tried already ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
cloudy5428

Dear Prince0212,

Thank you so much.......

I tried below OS, they are all NOT working for time being.

• Asia Pacific - Taiwan Mobile & Chunghwa Telecom: 
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3049 (Asia)
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3049 (All Languages)
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (Asia)
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (All Languages)j
  • Asia Pacific - Chunghwa Telecom: 
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3049 (All Languages)
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (Asia)
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (All Languages)
  • Asia Pacific - StarHub
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.0863 (Multilangauge)
  • Europe: O2 UK
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.0905 (Multilanguage) -------> This one was always working during passed 2,5 years each time this problem happened.

Again, thanks... a lot a lot a lot....

Cloudy

Elite II
prince2012

OMG ! You really tried a lot  !

OK. Now As you already have tried all of those , I assume you  have  already have the .exe  files of all those OS's in your PC other then C: Drive . So in your PC  Go to Control Panel > add to remove a programe Or uninstall  program depending on windows version . From within that list remove all BlackBerry Device software Or be sure that you don't have any previously Installed OS pack in your PC .then  Restart your PC .

As you already tried a lot , I can suggest two carrier which hopefully will contain those languages .First try this Carrier  Software Download for Redington (India) Limited 

You can try this package :

Package Version: 6.0.0.3049
Consisting of:

• Applications: 6.0.0.706
  • Software Platform: 6.6.0.246
  • File name: 9780jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel3049_PL6.6.0.246_A6.0.0.706_Redington__India__Limited.exe
  • File size: 165.77MB

After Downloading Install it in your PC by double clicking the same file that you downloaded . Then you have to delete a few VENDOR .XML files . For that :

Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml at those location ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders )  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Once completed Open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone a + will appear next to the language to install > Click Apply.

If desktop Software doesn't prompt those languages then , first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software .Once you have your Backup Go to

: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.   (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path  will be   C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

It will install the OS pack in your device . After Installation of the new OS please check if those languages are available .

My Second Choice will be Software Download for Indosat

P.S: While downloading be sure that you're downloading the OS for the same device model that you have and deleteing those VENDOR files is must , or else they will not offer any upgrade or allow access to those OS packs.

Try it and let us know .

New Contributor
cloudy5428

Dear Prince2012,

Yes... OMG...I have tried a lot, and I did it again follow your advises step by step.

Both Redington (India) Limited & Indosat, unlucky me.... still not working.... -_____-"!

I tried also those "loader.exe", not working either.

...>___<... :Dots: