If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tiffanymela
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Unlocked Rogers, on Tmobile

No Internet or BIS working on Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Ok, this is going to be soo confusing, ok i have a 9700 unlocked Rogers phone on Tmobile now, I have the 50$ plan plus 10 BIS service, I came home to Canada and turned my phone on wifi and turned of the mobile network so i dont use all my minutes, I have been here since Friday june 24 and my phone has been working fine. Now today all of a sudden everything stops working i can make and recieve calls on my blackberry but no internet no bbm no google talk nothing, I called tech support they are putting out a ticket...ya right...they told me to check my HOST ROUTING TABLE IT SAYS "NO ENTIRES" I did a wipe of my phone nothing, my wifi wont work <removed>...HELPPP ME PLLZZZZZ

EDIT: Personal Information such as PIN is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: No Internet or BIS working on Bold 9700

Hey Tiffanymela,

You are going to need to call your service provider to have this resolved,  this is  is most likely to do with roaming.

Your BlackBerry services are not going to work over Wi-Fi right now because the device was wiped and all service books would have been removed and can not be updated because the device is not registering.

Good luck!

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tiffanymela

When I put a differernt sim card in my phone, that is BIS, it works the HRT are there, ITS SOOO STRANGE...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tiffanymela

When i put another sim card in  that is registered to bis network, my phone works and the hrt are there. Its jus really strange how to was working, and now its not. I do remember takin my tmobile sim car out and putting a different not provisioned sim card in , and then putting my tmobile one back in, seems like after that. it stoped working

Please use plain text.
adenaan
My Device: 9300 3g
My Carrier: vodacom

Hi iam from south africa can anyone tell me if the rumour is true that the bis plan is going to be stopped .
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

adenaan wrote:
Hi iam from south africa can anyone tell me if the rumour is true that the bis plan is going to be stopped .

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For the new BB10 devices, BIS plans will no longer be required...the BB10 devices conduct all that they can via a "generic" data plan, and no longer are required to have a BIS plan. BBs prior to BB10 will continue to require a BIS plan for their functionality. It will be up to each carrier to determine their support and pricing for each.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.