Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
youthmin7
My Device: Bold 9650
Accepted Solution

No Option To Load OS

My Bold 9650 from Verizon locked up and now gets stuck in a reboot cycle. Halfway into the cycle it flashes an error screen. What I make out on that screen is JVM Error Code 534... FS Ram Failed...

Anyway, I have followed the steps on the Blackberry website to reload the operating system, but when I click on update it returns the message that there are no new updates and do I want to keep my current email or add a new one for future upgrade announcements. I don't get the option to select any operating system to load. My current software version is 6.0.0.719

Any suggestions?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: No Option To Load OS

Hello youthmin7

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Try this Knowledge Base to reload your Device Software :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

If no updates are available then you should Click on View Other Version , it will show you the OS version available for your device . But be sure that you PC must have an active Internet before performing any of those steps.  

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
youthmin7
My Device: Bold 9650

Thanks. I guess I kept missing the prompt box for the other versions. Noticed it after your post. Problem solved.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi youthmin7

You are most welcome .. We are glad that you issue has been resolved :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.