Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No Wifi. What am I doing wrong??

I just got a bold 9000 from att and I can not set up my wifi.  I do not have a data plan.  Under manage connections I have mobile network and wifi both with checkmarks in the box and the mobile network has a green check out to the right.  The wifi has a white dash to the right of it.  Mobile network>Data services> OFF. 

In my browser I have browser config >browser>hotspot browser.  General properties>default browser> hotspot browser.

I hope someone can help!  Thank you!

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: No Wifi. What am I doing wrong??

So you now need to scroll down on that screen to the WiFi setup and search for a WiFi signal and follow the prompts there.

Do you have a home or office WiFi to setup? If the system is not open, I have found the best method is using a shared key for the encryption.

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]
You will need to turn on data services as well.
Message Edited by chulap on 01-08-2009 03:50 AM
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS

Yes turn the data services on. If it's off then you'll receive a message indicating to turn it on before setting up the wi-fi
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.