Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Babylonien
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

No longer able to synchronize my organizer (calendar, contacts etc) between my bold 9780 and my computer

Hello.  I have changed email address recently and am now using a hotmail account and a googlemail account.  I also use a yahoo account and an Orange account.  They all are on my Outlook.  Since I changed email account, I can no longer synchronize my organiser (calendar etc) between my phone and my outlook on my computer. Can you help?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: No longer able to synchronize my organizer (calendar, contacts etc) between my bold 9780 and my computer

Hi Babylonien,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Can you please provide the full error message you are receiving when trying to synchronize?

Are you using Microsoft® Outlook® connector to synchronize your webmail account calendars and contacts etc with your Microsoft® Outlook® or are you synchronizing with this information stored in a .pst file?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Babylonien
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Re: No longer able to synchronize my organizer (calendar, contacts etc) between my bold 9780 and my computer

Hello

The error message is in French as my gfirst language is French and I have installed tghe French version of the Blackberry desktop sotware.  I used Giigle to translatre the error messae which is:  "Unable to access local files. If the profile uses Outlook Hotmail connector you must create a local data storage (PST) and set it as the default delivery location for the profile."

I believe I have installed and do use Outlook connector.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi Babylonien,

Microsoft® Office Outlook® Connector, the add-in feature for Microsoft® Outlook® that allows MSN® Passport to connect to web-based email accounts, such as Windows Live™ Hotmail® is not supported. The BlackBerry® Desktop Software requires a PST file to synchronize with. You may want to contact Microsoft® support for assistance creating a local Microsoft® Outlook® PST file with your Windows Live™ Hotmail® information that can be configured to synchronize with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.