Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
fer9us
My Device: Bold 9900 OS7.1.0.523, Platform 5.1.0.393
My Carrier: Telkomsel

No option to download attachment

Hi all, Recently got myself a Bold 9900 and must say so far found pretty disappointing. 

The reason I write this post is to try to find out if anyone knows why the option to download attachments is not available?

I am a BES user. 

I can open and view attachments fine but can't save them.

Any ideas what is going on?

While I'm here I also wanna say no autofocus means I can't use one of the single most useful features of my last Bold 9700 (RIP) -- a business card scanner.

This phone continually hangs for 20 seconds at a time, sometimes dies completely at will and then restarts.

The other day it rebooted and I had to re-register for BBM, which was really weird.

Annoyed I didn't wait for the new OS10 handsets because this one really sucks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RaverWild
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: No option to download attachment

I don't know which BlackBerry OS you use, but on OS7 personally I am able after I open the attachment, let's say a picture, to press the blackberry button and from there I have a "save"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fer9us
My Device: Bold 9900 OS7.1.0.523, Platform 5.1.0.393
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: No option to download attachment

Thanks for the reply. This works fine for single images, which I can save after opening. However, in PDFs I only seem able to save the page I'm viewing, which is no good if I want to fwd the whole thing to someone. Who would of thought something so fundamental could be such a headache.

Please use plain text.