Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Developer
ecustomer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

No "Check Spelling As You Type" on BB Messenger

I am getting "Check Spelling As You Type" on e-mails, SMS, MMS, PIN and Yahoo! Messenger messages but not on the BlackBerry Messenger. I tried unchecking the option, saving and then checking the option and saving again. I also tried a hard reset. And it is still not working. How can I correct this problem?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: No "Check Spelling As You Type" on BB Messenger

When you're writing a message, hit your menu button, see if you have "Check Spelling" in the menu. Mine doesn't automatically correct in the Messenger. I have to hit that menu command
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ecustomer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you for your reply. I knew about "Check Spelling" in the Menu but wanted to have any misspelled words underlined as I typed. Another user with a Bold 9000 on the Rogers network reported that he gets "Check Spelling As You Type" with BlackBerry Messenger. It seems that "Check Spelling As You Type" is a feature of the OS rather than the individual applications because I get it with Yahoo! Messenger and not with BlackBerry Messenger. I speculate that there is a bug in the OS version that AT&T is using which has been corrected in the version of the OS used by Rogers.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

That may explain it them since I have AT&T   :smileyhappy:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.