If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chrisjsoto
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Kuwait - Wataniya

No sound!!

Hello, I have had alot of problems with my blackberry 9900 recently, and no matter how much resherch i do regarding the multiple problems ...... no luck.
Firstly, my blackberry does not produce any sound, whether i play music or a video, i get the same message 'An error occured while trying to play media 'Whatever song'.
Secondly ring tones and alarms, NOTHING.
Also, when i try and answer a phone call (when it vibrates) as soon as i answer it, my phone turns off.
I tried downgrading firmware, the 'introduction vide played (with no sound) and froze after 10 seconds of playing, i tried going back to the latest firm ware and the same thing happend. 
What do i do ??? 
Appreciate it.
Chris

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: No sound!!

Hello Chris

You want to upgradre and not downgrade to latest os which I is believe is .714 for blackberry 9900.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/BB-curve-8520-quot-App-Error-523-quot/td-p/1...

If any problems upgrading refer to the above link, all the neccessary info is there and links to os downloads and desktop manager.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Your issue of no sound is a known problem on the 9900.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisjsoto

I have tried downgrading AND upgrading the firmware. And everytime I start up the phone. And the introduction video starts up (like new) it freezes after 10 seconds, PLUS there is no sound

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello

1. The ringtone and notification sounds and even not being able to hear the person on the other side plagued many 9900. Whether this was software issue and eveny speculation on batchs from a specific country was discussed. Sim checking was also tried. Also earpiece replacements only to see the problem return......most with this issues had success after installing Os .585

2. The intro video with no sound as well media card stored videos may require a speaker replacement. This maybe hardware problem.

Have tried installing using the "apploader / no jvm" method?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisjsoto

I am I currently in the proceans of that method a the moment.

will report back.

thanks alot.

Please use plain text.