Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

No sounds over Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

It seems I've done something wrong configuring my phone to work with my Jawbone 2 Bluetooth.  No key tones are played when I make a call. Notification sounds are not heard for incoming mail, SMS, voice mail, etc. When a call comes in, the ringtone I set for the caller... or the default ringtone I set for the phone... will play over the phone's speaker, but all I hear over the Bluetooth is some generic tone set. This isn't how my Jawbone worked with my old Motorola; surely the 9700 isn't below the Motorola in capabilities. I could swear it didn't behave like this when I first got the phone. So I guess (hope) I changed  something wrongly, and now I can't figure out how to set things right. Advice and direction much appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: No sounds over Bluetooth

I am having a slightly different issue. Just recently for some unknown reason when my 9700 is connected via bluetooth to my new Honda Accord and I dial from my BB 9700 to a contact I hear NO ringing - nothing until that person answers their phone and then I hear them. In other words after I dial and hit the send button it is total silence until the other party answers their phone. Yet if I disconnect the bluetooth connection to my car then I do hear the standard ringing prior to a contact answering their phone.

Any thoughts out there??

New Contributor

Just a follow up to my last post. I tried an older BB Curve and a Motorola flip phone and they both work fine. I tried a friends BB Bold 9700 and it does not work either so it must be a issue with the bluetooth in BB Bold 9700. So now what? I does one get it fixed? New Bluetooth software?

My Device: 8110
My Carrier: Telstra

I am having exactly the same problem with a blackberry 8110 bluetooth when connected to the bluetooth carkit of a Toyota Aurion Presara. The Blackberry pairs OK and connects but when making a call I cannot hear the other persons phone ringing. the only way I know that they have picked up is when they start talking.

The only way I have been able to reolve the issue is by deleting and recreating the pairing and its not very long before the problem starts again.

Doing a Google search I have seen that other users with different blackberry models are having the same issue with a range of different carkits and devices so it seems to be an Issue with blackberrys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Highlighted
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: No ringing sounds over Bluetooth

I have the same problem my BB 9700 Bold is connected via bluetooth to my Honda Accord and I dial from my BB 9700 to a contact I hear NO ringing - nothing until that person answers their phone and then I hear them. The problem is when the dialed contact reject the call or it's busy, I not know the end of my action. I need to look on my phone screen, but in this case for what I have bluetooth? Please let me know if can be resolved this issue somehow.

Regards,