Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
vhoffmann
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

No support for Blackberry bought in Indonesia in Germany?

Dear BB community,

I bought my BB Bold 9790 in November 2012 in Jakarta. Now that I've relocated to Germany, I'm experiencing for the first time serious issues with my BB (keeps shuting down after a short while). Apparently there is no support for BBs bought abroad. BB Germany is refering me to my provider / dealer. The provider doesn't provide any service as the BB hasn't been provided by them. Same issue with the dealer, who rather recommends me buying an Apple or Samsung product.

Any help?

Thanks,

Victor

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: No support for Blackberry bought in Indonesia in Germany?

If it's a hardware problem you are kind of stuck since you really don't have support anymore. I would try a new battery and see if that solves the issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
vhoffmann

Already tried a new battery - didn't help unfortunately.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

When you bring an unlocked device to another carrier you really don't have any support for the hardware. It's kind of a no man's land. You may be stuck with purchasing a new device. One thing to note is that even if you were still with your original carrier your one year warranty period has expired so there wouldn't be much they could do either.

Does the device just reboot itself or does it shut off with no way of turning it back on?

It could be an app causing the problem. Try booting it in safe mode by removing the battery. When you reinsert the battery hold the back key for 20 seconds while it begins to boot. See if the problem persists in safe mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
vhoffmann

It shuts off and the only way to reboot is to remove and insert the battery. I'll try to reboot on Monday as the phone is currently with a dealer.

Guru I
John_Clark

Did you try another battery?
New Contributor
vhoffmann

Yep, already bought a new one.

New Contributor
vhoffmann

Ok, I'm not getting anywhere.

- Bought new battery

- Downgraded OS and reinstalled latest update

- Uninstalled all unecessary apps

BB still keeps on shutting down. Interesting to note that it doesn't shut down when connected to the power socket via charger. Maybe loose contact with the battery?

Guru I
John_Clark

Try delicately using a pencil eraser to clean the battery contacts. Then use a folded up piece if paper and out between the case and the opposite end of the battery. That will push the battery harder into the contacts. If that doesn't fix it then there probably is little you can do as its an issue inside the device.
New Contributor
vhoffmann

Tried and .... didn't help either unfortunately.

Maybe it's not a loose contact. I noticed that the BB doesn't shut down if it's in offline mode. It shuts down when there is data traffic.