Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9900

No voice function BB 9900

I am a T-mobile subscriber having serious problems with my 9900’s voice function for both telephone calls as well as dictating emails and texts with VlingoPlus.

The specific problem is that anyone I call or who calls me cannot hear me or they hear a garbled indistinct voice.

I have experienced the same problem with two replacement 9900’s which T-Mobile sent me (one in July 2012 and the second in September 2012)

This problem first arose with the first replacement 9900 I received in July 2012 which replaced a 9900 which was experiencing intermittent ongoing failures of the blackberry internet service connection.

The first replacement 9900 then began to have problems with the voice function shortly after I set it up.

Although T-mobile’s technical people attempted to assist me they failed in their efforts and they simply sent me a second replacement 9900 several days ago.

I set up the second replacement 9900 on September 16, 2012 and the voice function failed the same day and has not worked since.

I have done battery pulls but the problem persists.

Today per T-Mobile’s recommendation, I obtained a new SIMM card.

There still is no voice function

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: No voice function BB 9900

I assume this is a hardware issue. Unfortunately you might have to change your handheld again. Its very unfortunate that you've faced similar fate couple of times. But one thing I can say is that Bold 9900 is one of the best from RIM...get a replacement and I believe you'll have a wonderful experience with 9900.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit