Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ssc13
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Not being able to connect to BIS...Bold 9930

hey guys, please help as I havent been able to work this out yet. I been here in Europe for about 9 wks now, and I still havent been able to set up my BIS...I have a bold 9930 whcih I bought from Sprint back in the US. Yes I am still in contract with them, but that shouldnt matter...right? Heres the thing. I bought this phone 3 days ago before I came to Switzerland. The phone was activated and BIS was working perfect and what not. Before I bought the phone I asked if the phone would work overseas and if it was unlocked and sprint told me yes. I get here, and it turned out the phone was compleeetely locked. NOT even a third party could unlock the phone. I had to send back the phone to the states, That took aprox 4-5 wks to have a NEW bold here.This one was not activated with BIS or anything. just simply sent to me.

Well I was really excited and decided to get a 3 month contract with Orange ch. with a BIS data plan. Popped the sim card in and phone and text work flwaless....however, I can not connect to BIS. Ive changed the apn setting to match orange's setting, Ive tried registering the Host routing table, done countless battery pulls, Ive asked blackberry and it seems my PIN is not registered to aaaany network, Ive called Orange CS, and they seem dumbfounded why its not working. The funny thing, is that the sim card does seem to work, cause I popped tmy sim card on my buddies 9700 and everything worked as it should...pleaaaaase help!

I ran a diagnostics test and here are the results:

Radio Data Activation: Yes

Signal Level:-77 dBm

Radio Access: UMTS

Network:smileysurprised:range CH

IP address:10.144.53.39

ICMP Ping Echo: Yes

Blackberry registration: No

Connected to blackberry: Abort

Blackberry PIN-PIN: abort

Pin: 32ff3c9d

MSISDN: My phone number back in the states

Device type: Blackberry 9930

App version: v7.0.0.241

Plat. version: 5.0.0.442

Service Books:RIM_IM, BBID, KEY NEGO, WPTCP, BROWSER CONG, WPTCP, WAPPush Config, MMS

ANY help would be INMENSELY appreciated, really! Ive gone this long without my bb, I need my emails, my gps and my bbm...

Thanks guys!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Not being able to connect to BIS...Bold 9930

It sounds to me like the IMEI of the device (or the MEID) needs to be input into the Orange system.

If you can call Orange back, please ask them to escalate this issue to RIM level tech support. They should have done that without you asking, but now you need to do so.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssc13

supposedly they did, but how long does that take for them to do? I called them last week and still nothing? Should I call rim directly?!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

It shouldn't take a week.

You really can't call RIM direct without paying an "incident support fee" when going around your mobile provider. You really need to first try to get Orange to escalate the issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssc13

and supposedly they did "escalate" things with rim but to be honest I dont know. These people have been pretty crappy with customer service.

oyyy.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

When the issue is escalated to RIM, it's a formal process wherein you will receive an "incident number" or tracking number for the case, and a connection to RIM personnel with a phone number, and normally a call back within 48 hours.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssc13

ohhhh...and THEY do that yes? uhm, ok, then I will def give them a call. Amazing what cs means to some people
Please use plain text.
JSanders

lol, I hear ya.

Just a warning, you might need to politely "demand" the escalation procedure. Some carriers avoid it like the plague, BUT it is the proper process with all the carrier has done has failed and there is no resolution. You have a BIS data contract with Orange, and that is ALL that is needed to "qualify" (for lack of a better word) for this escalation process. In other words, you're paying for the BIS service, it's not working, etc...

Now, they will go through EVERYthing you've already done to resolve this, so just do it again. They might catch something.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ellerow
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hi
I'm from England and I can't get my BIS to work either. Problem is I don't know what phone number to call to get it sorted. I am on orange. thanks
Please use plain text.
JSanders

ellerow wrote:
Hi
I'm from England and I can't get my BIS to work either. Problem is I don't know what phone number to call to get it sorted. I am on orange. thanks

But you don't have a 9930 model device.

Let me suggest that you create your own help thread, and if you already have done that, good.

Let's communicate in it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.