Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Marc_Kazmaier
My Device: Not Specified

Not possible to set up private mailaccount

hey,

yesterday i`ve tried to set up my new Bold9700.

The set-upassistant should give me the possibility to integrate an private mailaccount but unfortunately he doesn`t. He gives me only the chance to set up an account with BB Enterprise Server.

Can anyone help me ore does someone have teh same problem.

thx

marc

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Not possible to set up private mailaccount

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

(Oops, sdgardne and I replied at the same time.  Here's my response.)

Hi Marc.

You have to have a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier to set up and use a personal email account on your BlackBerry.  What you most likely have right now is just a generic data plan, which is not sufficient.

Contact your carrier to get more information about their BlackBerry data plans.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marc_Kazmaier
My Device: Not Specified

thx

so that means i can not use it only via wifi i need an dataplan that im able to set up an private malaccount?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Push email requires a data service account from your carrier, regardless of your channel of access (WiFi versus carrier data network). Via both channels, you are still using infrastructure hosted at the carrier/RIM for this purpose, so you must pay for that service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.