Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Derek101Johnson
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Aircel India

Not reading my microsd card

This question is regarding my Bold 9780. A few days ago my blackberry went bizzare and when I did a battery pull, it displayed the message

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors.Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?"

. I clicked on yes and it showed a message that "Media Card Repair Failed". What's next! I inserted the memory card in a card reader and the drive appeared in My Computer BUT IT WAS ONLY AFTER A FEW SECONDS that it DISAPPEARED. I tried to check the disk for erros but the drive would disappear before completion. I tried the process several times but all in vain. I even tried to format the card but windows was unable to format. Yesterday I inserted it in my PC once again and used the CHKDSK command through command prompt to repair it and it shows the following message

"\Blackberry\system\media\videoart.dat-journal first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated"

but failed to rapair it.I tried to delete the file videoart.dat-journal but the file reappears after deletion.

Is there any way in which I can repair my memory card. I have a Scandisk 8GB microsd card and it's hardly two months old. 

Please use plain text.