Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
AMorton
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Not receiving listserv email on my Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am a fairly new BB user. I am subscribed to three email listservs at Mercer University. I receive email from all three listservs on my desktop PC, however, I do not receive these emails on my BB. Is there something I need to do to set this up? My incoming email address is set up on both my BB and my desktop, but I have not set up anything with respect to the listserv information, other than subscribing to it. None of these listservs generate a lot of traffic, but emails from one in particular are course-related and I would like to be able to get them on my BB.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Anita

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Not receiving listserv email on my Blackberry

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So as to be absolutely sure, are other (non-listserve) emails sent to this exact same email account arriving to your BB without difficulties?

It would be rather strange for specific emails to not arrive to your BB...it typically would require you to have activated a filter inside of your BIS configuration for that email account, and I suspect you have not done so.

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AMorton
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Hi and thank you for responding,

Yes, I do receive other non-listserve emails to the email address. I also receive a digest version of an unrelated listserv at this address. I haven't activated a filter inside of my BIS configuration for this account (actually, I don't know how to do this anyway :smileyhappy:). Just in case this was set up when I bought it (the salesman did do some configuration for me), could you steer me at a high level where to look for this information? I would appreciate that if it is possible.

I have no idea if this makes sense but a little while ago I logged into my webmail to see if there were any email settings that might apply to this situation. BTW, the listserv emails do show when I log into my webmail. Anyway, there was an area for adding "safe mailing lists", so they aren't classified as junk. I added the listservs I am having problems with to the safe mailing list. Usually my class professor sends an email to one of the listservs on Monday morning, to discuss the week's work. I will see if I get it on my BB and post the results.

Thank you,

Anita

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

AMorton wrote:

haven't activated a filter inside of my BIS configuration for this account (actually, I don't know how to do this anyway :smileyhappy:). Just in case this was set up when I bought it (the salesman did do some configuration for me), could you steer me at a high level where to look for this information? I would appreciate that if it is possible.

• KB28151 How to add a filter from the BlackBerry smartphone for a BlackBerry Internet Service account

As for the rest, then is there any other commonality going on? For example, are the emails not coming to the BB all from the exact same email address? And no emails from that email address ever arrive to the BB?

Your suspicion about your server classification of the emails may be the culprit. Depending on how your server handles that, those items may have been intentionally ignored by BIS if they were not "normal" Inbox items. Your test may well result in resolving this issue.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.