Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
NQuan
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vinaphone
Accepted Solution

Not update the OS

I use Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1, but not the OS 7.1 update for my Blackberry Bold 9790 version 7.0.Please help!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Not update the OS

NQuan wrote:

I use Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1, but not the OS 7.1 update for my Blackberry Bold 9790 version 7.0.Please help!

Hi NQuan

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you explain what help do you need . If you are trying to update your device OS then please share where you are having problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi there,

You can manually download OS 7.1 for your device from the following link:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=14DA15DB887A4B50EFE5C1BC66537089

Download the file, install it to your computer, then you can use the Desktop Software to upgrade your BlackBerry device.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NQuan
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vinaphone

Thank you for your interest! I would say better than okay: I have installed the BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7.1 on the PC, but I do not update Blackberry OS 7.1 software from the PC. I do not know what reasons should seek your help in my experience.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi there,

OS 7.1 does add in a few new features, including those stated in the following link:

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/blackberry-7-1-os.html

But basically, it helps to enable a few features, such as mobile hot spot, FM Radio (if your device has the required antenna), and a couple if other features.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.