Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bazza1948
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Not working

Hi, my Blackberry 9930 has just stopped working. The red charging light comes on but there are no functions. The phone is only 3 months old. What is the best number to contact Blackberry on?

Barry

:Chef:

Developer
AutoAppForum
My Device: Playbook

Re: Not working

You would have to contact your carrier for blackberry support, not RIM directly.
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
New Contributor
bazza1948

Hi

Why the carrier?

Barry

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

@bazza1948, your carrier is contracted by RIM to carry out warranty repairs and technical support.  If your carrier cannot resolve your issue, you can ask to have it escalated to RIM at no cost to you, however your carrier is the place to start.  Much as you would take your car to the local Ford dealer for repairs and not send it back to Detroit, your carrier handles the support.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
bazza1948

Thanks Bill, I bought the phone on eBay as an unlocked phone, I don't know how this affects me, any idea?
Barry
Developer
AutoAppForum

are you going to use the same carrier as the one the phone was purchased from?
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
New Contributor
bazza1948

Hi thanks for your reply, I bought it unlocked and went with 02 so I suppose I should try them?

:Chef:

Developer
AutoAppForum

You could try. If you get a nice person they will probably help you. Good luck!