Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Notes in Outlook won't transfer to new BB Bold

[ Edited ]

This is what you should have as selected in the Synchronization options:

This Is what you should see under advanced options:

Let me know if this is setup on your desktop

(Sorry for the delay, I had to make these right quick!)

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-13-2008 12:31 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
SP
New Contributor
SP
My Device: Not Specified

The error occurs when I try to add the notes to the select device application. I choose notes then identify outlook. It tells me I have set it up; however when I choose Finnish the error shows: i.e. "Open MsgStore Failed".  When I close the error the setup window shows notes without the checkmark. I hope I have made this clear? 

In the Advanced Window I do not a tab for notes.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

I have not seen this condition before and there is not a comprehensive article in the database on this problem.

I realize that the frustration level is rising, mine as well!

Cause 3

A duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem registry subkey exists.

Resolution

Remove the duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem subkey from the registry. To perform this, complete the following steps:

1. Click Start > Run.
  2. Type Regedit and click OK.
  3. In the Registry Editor, verify there is only one Windows Messaging Subsystem folder within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version.
  4. Back up the Windows Messaging Subsystem subkey by exporting it to the desktop.
  5. Delete any duplicate Windows Messaging Subsystem subkeys located within the HKEY_CURRENT_USER directory structure.
  6. If it exists, delete the Windows Messaging Subsystem key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Microsoft Outlook.

Microsoft Outlook files are corrupt and must be repaired.

Resolution

Repair the corrupt files.

For Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:

1. In Microsoft Outlook, click Help > Detect and Repair.
  2. During the repair process, you may be prompted to insert the Microsoft Outlook installation CD. Do so at the appropriate time and continue the repair process.

Cause 7

A firewall is preventing the message store from being accessed, even though it may be turned off.

Resolution

Turn on the firewall application, then turn it off again. Switch the application on and off a few times

If the above do not work,then I would agree that downgrading to your previous version of the DM should be tried.

Use this procedure to cleanly un-install the current DM.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Let me know,

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-13-2008 02:07 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.