Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9790

O2 Priority Moments App

Hi :smileyhappy:

When trying to download the O2 priority moments app it is apparently not available for my device (BB Bold 9790) seeing as this is one of the newest models this shouldn't be happening I would of thought.

Does anyone know how to get it? Or if this will change?

Thankyou

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: O2 Priority Moments App

Hello Lotstar

Welcome to the Community

If this has been an app with the older phone models, the App Vendor probably haven't released any updated version that would be compatible with newer models.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

I have just rejoined O2 UK after a 4 month absence. As I had the O2 Priority Moments app on my Torch 9800 before I left I am confused as to why I now get the 'not available for this device' message when I try to download it from Appworld. If I succeed or find a solution I shall post it but if anyone has any advice in the meantime it would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.
BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

[ Edited ]

Yesterday my Torch decided it did not want to boot up again after I stupidly pulled the battery while an app was taking forever (over 45 mins)  to delete and so I had to reinstall the operating system. No problem with that as I back up on a regular basis and use the fantastic BlackBerry Protect service. Within a couple of hours I had all mail accounts, apps etc installed and my phone was as good as new again.

What has this to do with the O2 Priority Moments app I hear you ask. Well as mentioned in my previous post I did have this app installed before I left O2 but it was not available for my device when I rejoined O2. After I had my phone back to normal yesterday I visited AppWorld and downloaded the O2 Priority Moments app, just like that, no problem at all so I'm guessing that there must have been some kind of identification file on my phone from the network I was on for 4 months during my vacation from O2 which prevented me from downloading an exclusively O2 app from AppWorld.

I guess not many are going to go through the experience I described but for any similar instances where an app is showing 'not available for your device' when you know that it is then a solution may be to back up everything and then after reinstalling the operating system restore from your back up. On top of getting the app you want you also get a nice new phone.

Lessons to be learned. Don't be impatient. Don't leave O2 UK, they are a great network provider.

BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Lotstar wrote:

Hi :smileyhappy:

When trying to download the O2 priority moments app it is apparently not available for my device (BB Bold 9790) seeing as this is one of the newest models this shouldn't be happening I would of thought.

Does anyone know how to get it? Or if this will change?

Thankyou

from a general perspective, I often read that about the 9790. Softwares are developped for the 9700, the 9900 and so on, but the 9790 is often forgotten.

I have the feeling that the app would perfectly work on that model, but somehow O2 has not updated their models whitelist. I suggest you simply contact them, their specific email is on the right column here:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/66437/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: