Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

OS 5.0.0.743

I just uploaded to this OS from rogers wireless in canada and i've noticed that it has removed the function of the mute key where upon holding it for 2 seconds it goes into "sleep" mode.. however when i tap the lock key it seems to lock and put the phone to sleep at the same time.  Just wondering is anyone else getting this?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OS 5.0.0.743

I talked to Rogers and they said it is a faultly phone but, on Crackberry.com there is a chat that states it is programmed like that.  I'm trying to get a straight answer out of Rogers about this issue.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Businessman

I just Downloaded OS 5.0.0.743 from CSL and smarttone Vadofone

after downloading that device software,I install as usuall

But problem occur when I start my Desktop manager (want to upgrade my Bold 9700)

I went to "Application Loader" section then click START button on "Update Software" section

there is notice that "No available update for your device"

That's weird because it works fine when I upgrade my Javelin 8900 to new OS 5.0.0.681

I have checked on "Help" --> "About Blackberry Desktop Manager" --> "Device Software"

I saw my downloaded OS 5.0.0.743 and OS 5.0.0.681 installed

Anyone can help me from this problem?

thank you

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8120
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless Inc

This happens w hen attempting to load one providers handheld software on another providers phone.

navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader - delete vender.xml

on 64bit windows change c:\program files(x86)\etc.

Contributor
My Device: 8120
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless Inc

This is an interesting thought.

I have a friend who reported their 9700 mute key does no longer work - i think i'll ask her if she upgraded to the new handheld software.

two phones, same issue, likely NOT a button defect -

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is what I told the Rogers tech, but he still says return the phone.  That is good because the buttons don't work very good on the replacement phone.  Sometimes, I have to select the button twice to get it to work.  The Rogers tech told me that "You could go where you purchased your phone and exchange it."  This is the option that I'm going to use this time.

Super Contributor

flash333 wrote:

I just uploaded to this OS from rogers wireless in canada and i've noticed that it has removed the function of the mute key where upon holding it for 2 seconds it goes into "sleep" mode.. however when i tap the lock key it seems to lock and put the phone to sleep at the same time.  Just wondering is anyone else getting this?

This is the new functionality of the mute/lock keys on the newer OS versions. 

Here are a few threads (of many)  discussing this: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Standby-Mode-using-Lock-key/m...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Lock-problems-after-applying-...

New Contributor

macska

Thank you for the information.  It just proves to me that some of the Rogers phone techs don't know what they are talking about.  I came out and asked that to the tech and he told me to return the phone. 

My Device: BB 9700

Hello;

yes the update does so.. it take off the stand by option pressing the mute key.. but it gives the lock keY button an option on the left hand side to work exactly the same as the previous stand by mode.. locking your phone using the lock key on the top left hand side of ur fone would let the fone ask yu to press the lock key again in case you want to use it.. if you lock the fone using the screen option ( the lock option on ur screen ) u will have to unlock then using ur keypad or ur screen option.. so locking using the lock key is totally different from locking using the lock option that u see in the screen which is the new thing in the software.. hopefully i explained it in a good way.

thanks

Super Contributor

cadman1997 wrote:

macska

Thank you for the information.  It just proves to me that some of the Rogers phone techs don't know what they are talking about.  I came out and asked that to the tech and he told me to return the phone. 

You are most welcome. And you are correct, some of the Rogers techs are not as up to speed on the new functionalities of the new OS. They do have some techs who are absolutely stellar, but it really depends on who you get when you call. If I could request a specific tech each time I called, I'd be soooo happy. 

Cheers!