Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
kadzie
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

OS 6 - Bold 9700 - Vodacom (SA) - Unable to see cursor in SMS & Messages_Please HELP!

hi all

please help me - i have recently upgraded to OS 6 Bundle 1478 (v6.0.0.380, Platform 6.6.0.86) and i have noticed that the cursor does not display in my mesages - hence i am unable to select text, or highlight individual messages - can anyone assist please.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: OS 6 - Bold 9700 - Vodacom (SA) - Unable to see cursor in SMS & Messages_Please HELP!

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: OS 6 - Bold 9700 - Vodacom (SA) - Unable to see cursor in SMS & Messages_Please HELP!

Tanzim: that will not work, it is a glitch in the OS

Kadzie: this is nothing wrong with your device, this is just a general OS glitch that everyone has encountered. There are 2 ways round this: either live with it and when you want to copy anything, you have to watch at the top where it says sent/recieved and when you get to the one you want, press menu button and clcik start selection/select, and it should work. Or you update again to .448 which solves this
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

Here are the instructions for OS6.0.0.448:
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

or

You can get 448 here
http://www.vodafone.de/business/blackberry-support/blackberry-bold-9700.html
click red box on bottom of page

2. Do a full backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

3. Save the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup)
then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed)

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

enjoy the new OS.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kadzie
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Thanks - I noticed that works, I have updated to 461 now - cursor problem is resolved for messages just not BBM...I hope they fix this soon.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00

Yeah that's the only problem, they haven't fixed the bbm bit yet. Hope it helps
Please use plain text.