Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

mzjonz49
My Carrier: ATT

OS 6 Corrupted my Bold 9700

I recently upgraded to the OS6 software and it corrupted my Bold 9700.  Several issues!!  I am now in the process of converting back to v5.0.  Wish me luck, otherwse I will not be able to use my Blackberry.   I would recommend not upgrading until Blackberry / RIM can fix all of the bugs for the Bold 9700.

I will update this post once I Convert back to v5.0 and let you know if it was successful.

Here is a list of the problems I am encountering.

> Super Slow Browser (slower than usual)

> Cannot access several webpages and cannot login to webpages that require a login (Hotmail)

> My Trackpad seems to be stuck all of the time - very non responsive

> Every time I touch my Trackpad my phone acts like it is searching for something.  It takes about 15 seconds to stop searching and move from application to application

> OS6 wiped out everything on my phone and now I can't set up an email account. Hotmail or Live

> Since I can't set up my email account I can't use the Facebook App Notifications

> The only way to access Facebook is through the Browser which is very slow and then requires you to login every time.

> Blackberry App World was removed and has to be re-downloaded.  

> Lost all of my APP history

> BBM is not working at all.  Even updated the BBM version.  Cannot connect with BBM contacts and the BBM Conact pictures will not appear next to my contacts. 

> It Continually asks me to Re-Boot and the Re-Boots are taking up to 15 minutes.

> The whole whole is just quirky

> Overall I DO NOT LIKE the layout of OS6

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OS 6 Corrupted my Bold 9700

mzjonz49 wrote:

> Overall I DO NOT LIKE the layout of OS6

It's actually not a problem with OS 6, it's a problem with the 9700 not having enough internal memory to properly run OS 6.  OS 6 is a wonderful Operating System, but every phone that ships with it installed comes with 512 MB of internal memory; the 9700 has 256 MB.

If you ever upgrade to a phone with sufficient internal memory, you'll fall in love with OS 6.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mariusdj
My Carrier: Marius de Jager

i'm running OS6 on the 9700, the only problem i have is that deleted e mail accounts still shows as shortcuts on the phone and the tablet, anybody know to delete that?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mariusdj
My Carrier: Marius de Jager

I just solve theproblem myself: Setup, Personalization,Options,Device,Advance System Settings,Service Book.
I deleted the service book entries of the e-mail accounts in question and the sortcuts was deleted.
Please use plain text.