Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
t4dey
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

OS 6 greatly decreases battery life and performance of Bold 9700

Device info

Your carrier: AT&T

Bold 9700 OS6 Bundle 2342

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. (Go to Settings, then Options, then status): Free Memory is 58291905 Bytes

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No!

Apps installed and their version if possible.   (Go to Settings, then Options, then applications):

BT device model/version (you will have to look at the BT device): Standard out of the box apps. 

Yup, installed OS6 on the bold and watch the famed BB battery life disappear along with performance all but stopping. Little clock face is nearly always up.

Why would RIM allow an install of software that absolutely ruins the device. I'm about to turn the device in for a *gasp* driod..... As battery life is no longer a defining factor I guess.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
t4dey

Re: OS 6 greatly decreases battery life and performance of Bold 9700

Please use plain text.
PlainD

I had the same problem with my Bold 9700, no battery life and the device repeatedly stalling after installing OS6. I couldn't get anything done.  Calling AT&T Blackberry tech support was no help, I even changed the battery and got a new SIM card, among other attempts to fix the problem.  Their suggestion was that my phone's out of warranty, just get a new one!  I finally downgraded to OS5 and everything's is OK -- finally!  This was not a good experience, to say the least.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nubian7
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Disappointing. Why release an update that doesn't work properly for this model? Is there an update for this beyond Blackberry 6? SMH. 

Please use plain text.