Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
butch858
My Device: 9700

Re: OS 6 - uses more battery and slow to respons

:Clap: work like a treat thx. 

Visitor
Lynne81
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Re: OS 6 - uses more battery and slow to response

[ Edited ]

I've had the same problem for approx 3 weeks now.  Charging 3 times a day. Charge overnight and leave for work on a full 100% battery.  Barely use the phone all day and it's done by lunch time. I have BB Bold 9700 and operating on OS6 version 2475

I've read all the email thread previously and thank you for all your help.  I've been blaming my provider even to the extent that I was given a replacement phone and the problem still exists.

I've downgraded to OS5 tonight so fingers crossed it works. 

Thank you everyone :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
mdchang
My Device: Pearl 9100

Re: OS 6 - uses more battery and slow to response

Same as everyone else...battery life was non existent and it would hang all the time.  Actually thought it was the battery, got a new phone for $50 and turned out it was the OS.  What a waste of money.  Downgraded to 5.0.  Now I have two phones.  Nice.

New Contributor
veronica26
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

I am having exactly the same problem. Its very annoying.

New Contributor
veronica26
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

How do you downgrade to the previous OS?

New Contributor
mdchang
My Device: Pearl 9100

Is downgrading within OS 6 effective? build 1875 working out for people?
New Contributor
bstephano
My Device: Bold 9700

Just as everybody else .... it seems this new version is not working and its pushing us to charge our phone 3 times a day ... that sometimes we cant ... i even have a spare batter y when I travel.. dont even want to open it  to check mails.

I will downgrade the version, based on the link posted on this conversation, to see if it works .... Somedy said that you can download it from the BB desktop but I couldnt find the option on diveces .. it doesnt give you the option .. so I will use the link somebody posted to see if it works ...   I miss my old phone running 2 days without charging ....

Just open this one from the box a week ago .. and already will have to downgrade it ... .