Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
habitant24
My Device: Bold 9790

OS 7.1 for Bold 9790 Wind Mobile

When will OS 7.1 be released for the Bold 9790 on Wind Mobile?

It has been released on the 9790 for several other Canadian carriers (Rogers, Telus, Sasktel, etc...) and many carriers outside of Canada.

What's the hold up?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: OS 7.1 for Bold 9790 Wind Mobile

Some carriers are just slower at evaluating new releases.  Rogers is known for being notoriously slow in releasing new OS versions.  About the only thing you can do is sit and wait patiently, unless you wish to load OS 7.1 from a carrier other than your own.  If so, look in these forums for a thread explaining how to reload your OS to your phone.  It details how to load an OS from another carrier.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
habitant24
My Device: Bold 9790

Thanks... A follow-up...

What bugs me is that Wind released the 7.1 for its Bold 9900 (which, if i'm not mistaken is the 9790's big brother).

So two questions (that admittedly are from a neophyte's POV):

1) Would Wind's 9900 OS 7.1 work on the 9790 (i assume it wouldn't but regardless)...

and/or

2) If i downloaded another carrier's Bold 9790 OS 7.1 AND Wind's Bold 9900 OS 7.1, then removed the other carrier's vendor file, replaced it with Wind's 9900 OS 7.1  vendor file, would this not, in effect, be a replica of what Wind's 9790 OS 7.1 should be (if it ever comes out with it)?

Thanks again!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

1 - I don't know a whole lot about the 9790 but if it's running OS 7, Wind's OS 7.1 would work.

2 - I can't see that working, but I'm open to correction on that one.  Each OS is specific to each model of phone i.e. OS 7.1 for the Torch 9810 is not the same OS 7.1 as the Bold 9900.  Just replacing the vendor file would not do the trick, IMO.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.