Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

OS 7.1 for Bold 9900 -Rogers Canada

I'm wondering when the OS 7.1 update will be released for 9900 users on the Rogers network. I was in the US a week ago and got to see first hand how great the updates are to the phone. I've been searching online ever since and have learnt that Teleus and Virgin in Canada have released it at the end of February 2012. We are a week into March and we have no news Smiley Sad any insights anyone?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: OS 7.1 for Bold 9900 -Rogers Canada

That's a forward-thinking question, the type that is very rarely (translation: never) answered by the carriers.

I hope that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

I am with Virgin mobile canada in alberta as well and bell (Virgin) has only released 7.1 for the 9360. I as well have a 9900 and think its being released in a month or so. Not sure why just the one phone gets the update for now. I think the carriers are testing first and if no problems will release it in a month or so
Developer
My Device: Z10

I'm guessing 7.1 will arrive in the next week or so for Rogers. I'm tempted to use the Telus OS and just remove the vendor.xml file but we'll see. 

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com
Trusted Contributor

Virgin (Bell) Finally released OS 7.1! But a word to the wise I tried it for testing to update my phone over the wi fi and it worked but had problems with Blackberry maps. I then plugged my phone into the computer over a week later and the desktop software wanted to updae some modules.

I advise when updating to avoid problems do it throught the desktop software. As well OS 7.1 takes up to 2 hrs.

My phone took roughly under 2hrs. After updating the modules through the desktop software my 9900 is very responsive and Blackberry maps works like a charm. The only thing is carriers can choose what features to support, that being said Virgin Mobile Canada (Bell) chose not to support wifi calling in 7.1.

OS 7.1 is really good, improves the overall responsiveness of the phone and is a great update. BB Traffic works great. Plus the browser is a little more responsive as well. They updated the version of java as well as the OS, so it is a great update.

My Device: Torch 9310 Bold 9900

I asked Rogers when 7.1 would be available, but the fellow had no idea. I downloaded the Telus update (9900 and 9310) and used that. It was easy and works well. Just make sure you delete both of the vendor files.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

sonicthehedgehogca wrote:

The only thing is carriers can choose what features to support, that being said Virgin Mobile Canada (Bell) chose not to support wifi calling in 7.1.

Expect the same from Rogers when they release it.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

From what I have heard all vondors in canada that I know of didn't include wifi calling. I told virgin I was disappointed. So far works good. Forgot to charge yesterday. Today the phone has used 2-3% maybe.
Far cry from before without the power saving feature
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: FIDO

It is released! Downloaded it yesterday- so far so good. Will report on battery at days end