If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ranapravr
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

OS Module Upgrade

How can i upgrade my bold OS without connecting to desktop manager. As per my desktop manager there is no upgrade available, but my phone carrier launced an upgraded module in UK, but that's not launched in India yet. how can i upgrade my phone which is in india with the module launched by Vodafone in U.K

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: OS Module Upgrade

[ Edited ]

Hi ranapravr

What is your present device OS version : Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line . If you see any  update for your device Software from Vodafone UK you can do it ,Try this :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ranapravr
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

thnx for your help, i did that but somehow there is no change in the module, the one i have currently is OS 7.1 bundle 1646, wherein the one i'm trying is OS 7.1 bundle 2061 which was released in October 2012 in U.K thru vodafone. I have installed both latest desktop software and device software. i ran both without any success. How can i get 2061 now, although i know that within a month or so i'm going to get that here as well.. thnx again for your help

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi ranapravr

If you had already Downloaded and Installed BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2061 (All Languages) from Vodafone UK on your PC then Please Search the loaction mentioned above from where you had to delete those VENDOR .Xml files ,If your are using Window 7 Go to My Computer > Click Organise > Folder and Search options > On Folder Options Click on View > Make sure " Show Hidden Files ,Drives and Folder " is marked.

Once it is done Search your C drive and delete those files then it will work.

Prince

Please use plain text.