Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ceejaysteady
My Device: Bold 9900

OS v7.1.0.714 - Downgrade option

Apologies in advance if the answer is blindingly obvious but I am confused by an application message on the BDS which I always use to sync and update applications via my PC. My Bold 9900 application list displays OS v7.1.0.714 (7.1 Bundle 2061) which I understand to be interchangeable RIM terminology.  I am in the UK and my carrier is Vodafone.

In the applications screen it shows System Software 7.1.0 79.7Mb Required - but greyed out so obviously OK

There is then a red star against Blackberry 7.1.0 Core Applications  7.1.0  48.4MB Required and

on the line below - Downgrade  7.1.0  65.4MB Available - which is then shown as a Pending Action to apply.

I cannot see any difference in the information on General / Modules / Dependencies between the versions and don't understand what the meaning of the downgrade is or why I should do this as the Bold seems to be functioning OK. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Ceejaysteady

Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: OS v7.1.0.714 - Downgrade option

I had the same. I recentley updated App World, then a few days later I noticed this in DTM. I did install the downgrade but then later recieved a notification for an App World update. I update App World again, I'm not sure why it says downgrade in DTM but doing so only installs the previous version of App World, which will then prompt you to update it again later. My advice would be to ignore it.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
skyperhero
My Device: 9810

I have the same issue, emailed it to the carrier manager (RIM) for my operator network. I also had to update Blackberry Identity app a few times?

another pet peeve bundle 2061 has no '2G' option, only dual or 3G.

New Contributor
ceejaysteady
My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks Craig and Skyperhero for your comments. I will certainly follow Craig's advice and ignore the DTM prompt. It has always struck me as a shame that RIM, like just about every major technology business never really explain what they are doing or why and leave it to the consumers to figure out. Since it is far more cost effective for them I cannot see that state of affairs changing.

Visitor
nassy
My Device: bold 9900

Re: OS v7.1.0.714 -

does anyone know how can downgrade this versin as have the 2G option which inturns drain my battery. need to do one via my mobile

micacph
My Device: 9860

I have the same thing but I will just follow Craig's advise, just ignore it.

I also have an update for wireless music sync and if I choose to apply, both update and downgrade (core applications) will run. How can I choose only one to run (update only)? Is there an option?

New Contributor
varunja
My Device: torch 9800

I got the same downgrade notification. If they remove hotspot , media server etc feature after i do downgrade. I will f*cking kill this people.

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Did you all installed another carrier OS?
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

As a BlackBerry Elite. To date I had never installed another carrier's OS. All updates on my Bold 9790 via Orange EE via DTM. As suggested I recommend ignoring the downgrade.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
New Contributor
varunja
My Device: torch 9800

Hey I also followed the installation for my carrier vodafone in. Still downgrade option apperared.