Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
qveylen
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: Proximus
Accepted Solution

Old messages turned green

Hi all, I gave my phone to someone during a football game and when I got it back some of my old messages in my sms box turned all green, I opened one to see what was the problem and it seems there is nothing anymore inside. i can't read my old messages anymore what happened can someone tell me please what i have to do to get my old messages back?? Best regards
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qveylen

Re: Old messages turned green

Can someone help me?

Please use plain text.
tori712
My Device: Not Specified

Yes!!! I have been having the same problem & just solved it, mine would happen because it auto deletes after 30 days, that is the normal setting, so everyday new ones would get deleted, so what you need to do, is go under "messages" not txts & sms, once in messages where your emails & other go, open the menu & go to options, click the top most one "message display & actions" scroll down to the bottom, & select keep messages for 30days, & change it to Forever!!! I only tried this last week, but since then, no more deleting messages!! Hope this helped :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qveylen

I'm quite sure this is the solution to my problem , did you older messages also turned green? and when you open them it seemed to be empty?

thanks for your help it's appreciated have fun with your blackberry ! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
tori712
My Device: Not Specified

Yes! At the very bottom of my list my oldest day or days would have like 5 or 6 chats in them that were green & empty.. & since I have changed this, I haven't had a problem I have been checking everyday & the same message is still at the bottom!!
Glad to help! I was baffeled for a while too & even looked it up but couldn't find it anywhere!!
Please use plain text.
njomy
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Idea

Is there anyway to retrieve these messages or are they lost forever. I can see the sender names but the text is empty. Surely it should be there some where on the handset.

can anybody pls help me, there are lot of important sms that i'm unable to access.

regards,

Jomy

Please use plain text.
darvastu
My Device: BB Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes, i am also facing this problem. I tried with few options available but later on i could not even launch the text messages... then i removed my battery and fixed. It got started. I will try the option given by you. thanks very much... its not worth buying BB Curve 9300.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qveylen

<<message display & actions" scroll down to the bottom, & select keep messages for 30days, & change it to "Forever">>

Please use plain text.
ManasKP
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

SEEMS IT IS VERY COMMON PROBLEM  ... BUT WITHOUT SOLUTION, ...Is there anyway to retrieve these messages or are they lost forever .. AND really .. its not worth buying BB Curve 9300. ... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PiotrJot
My Device: 9900 + PB 64GB + PB 16GB (for the rest of family :-D )
My Carrier: Play PL

You can get back your old messages only of you made the backups of the messages while they were still there...

Please use plain text.