Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
angbil
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Option for Deleting email on handheld only

I recently received a replacement Blackberry Bold device.  On my old phone I had it set up to ask whether I wanted to delete email messages on just the handheld device or both.  I like having the option.  On this replacement device I can't find this optional setting.  I'm even having a hard time accessing the various email options.  Help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zarrapastroso_not_fb
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: Option for Deleting email on handheld only

I'm having this issue too. I just upgraded OS on my 9780 to 6.0 package 2647 and a lot of strange behaviors are happening. Email Account Setting App wasn't working, GPS isn't working. Anyway I'll be spending more time in the forums looking for answers as they are needed.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums angbil! :smileyhappy:

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101     Tips & Tricks

Try opening your messages folder-options-message display and Actions-Confirm Delete

Let us know how it goes. Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angbil

Yes, exact same problem.  Can't even get into the setup for email.  When try (click), nothing happens.  No other options I can find for this setting (deleting email on handheld only).  Let me know if you hear anything.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

@angbill - I assume you have tried a battery pull to refresh yiur device. That can sometimes clear such anamalous behaviour.

Also, you aren't on BES are you? If so, try contacting the BES administrator.
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angbil

Done that (battery removal).  Not on BES.  Just very strange and very frustrating as I really liked having the option of deleting on "handheld only" or deleting from both.  Right now when I receive email on my phone and I delete, it still downloads to my work computer even though deleted from handheld.  So I end up getting lots of "junk" emails when I get to work that I otherwise wouldn't have to deal with if I could have the dual option (as I used to) of whether to delete from both server and handheld.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

Have you tried accessing your carrier's BIS site, checking any email optins availabe there and then sent service books from the BIS website to your "new" device?
IrwinII
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angbil

You might as well be speaking Greek now.  Way over my head. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

Veni, vidi vici.  Oh wait, that's Latin.  :Offtopic:      Anyway,

Here's a KB on how to update service books   Sending Service Books  

That should update your device's service books from Verizon   What is the Service Book?

Let's see if that updates your mail delete option.

IrwinII
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angbil

Here is the problem.  When I get to step 2 it asks me to put in a "user name" and "password".  I've tried every user name and password I know and it keeps telling me, "the information you provided is incorrect.  Retype.....".  So, then I tried the "Forgot Password" option.  When I do this I get the following: "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server.  Select OK and repeat the action to try again".  Can't (and haven't) ever been able to get past this point.

Please use plain text.