Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
iammihirdesai
My Device: Blackberry Bold 2 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Orange Mobistar 9700 OS Update to 6

I am using the Orange Mobistar Blackberry 9700 Which is having the OS 5.0.0.586(Platform 5.1.0.146) I could not able to Update its OS to 6 and Now i am not in Belguim. I am now in India and i am using Vodafone SIM in my Blackberry. how Could you please Help me to Update it to OS 6? I have already downloaded the OS 6 - 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel2554_PL6.6.0.216_A6.0.0.576_Mobistar_SA_NV but could not able to install it on my BB. I also tried to install it from Loader but coulnot get through.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Orange Mobistar 9700 OS Update to 6

Hi iammihirdesai

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

If you want to update your BlackBerry Bold 9700 to OS 6 yes you can do that ,Try this in order to update your device ( But remember you not should have any previous OS packs installed on your PC ,if you have then Uninstall them ): 

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have, ( you can skip this if you had already download and install on your PC)

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two Vendor. xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iammihirdesai

Thanks for your help but now it is showing 6.0 Bundle in Device software list but while clicking on install it is giving error stated that only active blackberry service subscribers are entitled to install the blackberry device software upgrade. and to learn more please visit balckberry.com/service.

and now i do not have any mobistar active number because currently in india and i am using Vodafone sim card which does not have active blackberry services.

thanks once again and eagerly waiting for your reply.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi iammihirdesai

As you don't have an active BlackBerry Plan on your Vodafone SIM this message is appearing , So in order to update your device without an active BlackBerry data plan first recheck if there is any Vendor .Xml files on the location mentioned above ,After deleting those Vendor files Remove or Disconnect any Internet Connection from the PC or Laptop from which you will do this update.

Then Go  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.

So please try the update using Loader.exe which is in the same location from where you had deleted those Vendor Files.I hope it will work.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iammihirdesai

Thanks It realy helped and now i have update to OS 6. Thanks for your Help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi iammihirdesai

You are most welcome .. We are glad that you are able to achieve what you wanted :smileyhappy: So as your problem has been resolved please mark this thread as Solved which will benefit other users.

Prince

Please use plain text.