Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
CassandraCross
My Device: Bold 9900

Outlook Calendar Syncing

Hi, Im trying to sync work calendars with multiple Blackberry bold 9900's. I have the blackberry desktop manager v 7.1 and I haven't made it passed the "configure" button not being usable. What I'm going for here is sharing my outlook calendar with everyone that needs it on their phones, then syncing this specific calendar to be viewable via their blackberry- so that when I make changes or add jobs they are able to see them.  I connected the blackberry to the desktop... I clicked organizer... I went to click configure..... It's a ghost button. How do I make this button interactive again??

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Outlook Calendar Syncing

Hi CassandraCross,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Could you provide some more information please?

What version of Microsoft® Outlook® are you using?

Has it already been setup with your calendar?

Is your Microsoft® Outlook® using a .pst file or synchronizing with Microsoft® Exchange?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
craigyboy
My Device: Bold 9790

Hi. I see no one replied to this but I have similar problem with outlook 2010. I have a bold 9790 and have 4 email addresses but am struggling to sync emails and calendar and think I have done everything need on BDS. Please can someone talk me through from start to finish the process required as i don't want to have to plug my blackberry into BDM every night to sync. Also does wireless syncronisation cause an issue with all of this? Thanks

Retired
FrankieS

Hi craigyboy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following KB articles provide the steps to synchronize your calendar, contacts, memopad and tasks with an email client on your computer or performing a wireless sync of calendar and contacts via the BlackBerry® Internet Service. Synchronizing using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software requires being connected with a USB cable and email messages are not included in this synchronization.  

"How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/TRr1Qo

"How to enable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service" http://bbry.lv/LHnqmq

"How to configure wireless calendar synchronization on a BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/OanKyR

Hope this helps.

-FS

New Contributor
craigyboy

Hi. So just to confirm, I can only sync emails and calendar between my Outlook 2010 and Blackberry 9790 when connected to a USB and BDS? If so what has changed as when I worked for Barclays, my blackberry synced with Outlook 2003 or 2007, can't remember all of the time. If i deleted an email on my Blackberry it would instantly delete from the outlook?

Retired
FrankieS

Hi craigyboy,

Just to clarify, email messages cannot be synchronized using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. When you are using the BlackBerry® Internet Service for email delivery, deleting email on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9790 smartphone will not reconcile with your Microsoft® Outlook® program but only with your inbox on the mail server.

This KB article provides more information. "Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service" http://bbry.lv/L1zLi1

To reconcile deleted email messages with Microsoft® Outlook®, you will need to be using a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for mail delivery. This would also enable you to synchronize your calendar wirelessly.

Cheers.

-FS

New Contributor
craigyboy

Thanks for that. I have been trying to understand the enterprise server scenario. Is this just for businesses? I have 2 personal email addresses with Talk Talk and the other one is a work email ddress via 1and1. Can I use Enterprise with all of these? Sorry but a little green with this. Thanks

Retired
FrankieS

Hey craigyboy,

Only one enterprise email account is supported on a BlackBerry® smartphone. You can find more information on BlackBerry® Enterprise Server here: http://bbry.lv/WggXBA

Thanks.

-FS