Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tmorris431
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Outlook will not sync because of 1/1/1601 appt.

How do I fix this so it will sync both ways? I can get Outlook to sync to the phone, a Blackberry Bold 9930, but not from the phone to Outlook.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Outlook will not sync because of 1/1/1601 appt.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB25869 BlackBerry Desktop Software displays the error "Error code - 0x80043ac9. Check documentation" when synchronizing either the calendar appointment, contact anniversary or contact birthday with a start date prior to the year 1900

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tmorris431

KB25869 does not help.  The Resolution says, "This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available." The workaround does not work because cannot find the item with the 1/1/1601 start date. Any other solutions available?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

tmorris431 wrote:

The workaround does not work because cannot find the item with the 1/1/1601 start date. Any other solutions available?

Hello...sorry for the delay. There are two components to the Workaround section of that KB...have you tried advanced logging? That is supposed to help you find the offending record. Further, with Outlook you can create an alternate display of your calendar data, that will only show "line items" for each record you have (rather than the "calendar view"), and you can then sort them by date...I'm not sure about non-Outlook capabilities in that regard, though.

Also, this KB applies to Desktop Software 6.0 and 6.1...you should consider upgrading to the current 7.x version.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tmorris431

The PC already has Desktop Software of 7.1.0.32. I tried to turn on advanced synchronization logging but,

1) There is no Blackberry\Intellisync; PC has Blackberry\AddinSync

2) Searched for iloptcfg.cfg and could not find it on PC.

In Desktop Software - Tools - Desktop Options I found Configure sync logging options.

I went to Sync Logging Options and changed the Logging Method to Full.

I resynced and after I got the error again, tried to View the Organizer Sync Log.

It would not open.

So I still have not been able to remove the 1/1/1601 appt and can only sync from

the PC to the phone.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

What I do not see, in your latest post, is having tried the Outlook alternate view method to find the offending item...if you find the bad record inside of Outlook, that may clear up your issue.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tmorris431

Forgot to mention that. Yes we tried to find the message in Outlook using the list view and it is not there. (I checked again this morning to be sure.) We can sync Outlook to phone, but not phone to Outlook.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Then the offending record is likely only on the BB and not in Outlook. Refer to step 8 in this process:

With that, you can wipe out your BB data and start over with your clean Outlook data. You may or may not need to do steps 1 through 7...I'd recommend you start with step 8 and then re-sync with your existing Desktop installation.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.