Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

prescottspies
My Device: Not Specified

Overbright spot on Bold screen

I have a new blackberry bold, had it about a week.

After a few days, a bright spot appeared at the top right of the screen.  If you look at the screen at an angle from the bottom, you can see an array of what appear to be 5 LEDs that light up the screen.  One of these LED, 4th from the left, is what is causing the problem.

It is most noticable on a white page, so annoyingly things like emails are badly affected.

Here is a picture of it, although it did not come out very well and thus you can't really appreciate how annoying it is!

http://prescottspies.co.uk/images/brightspot.jpg

It actually creates a beam of light about 1/4 of the height of the page.

Has anyone experienced this with a bold or other BB?  I'm assuming that I will just need to get a replacement, but is there any other way around?  I dont want to go through the ballache of setting up a new device the way this one is.

Please use plain text.
tdingledine

Re: Overbright spot on Bold screen

That "bright spot" is due to backlight bleed on the LCD.  There is nothing you can do about it!  It is just a flaw of the LCD.

Please use plain text.
prescottspies

So I should take it back?
Please use plain text.
tdingledine

I don't know if they would accept a return for that problem.  Its worth a shot.  The worst they can say is no.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Xcist
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

It is technically a hardware flaw in the device. I don't know the exact terms of the warranty for the LCD, but if you bought it through Rogers, haven't had it for over 30 days, and haven't used more than 30minutes on it - you can probably exchange it fairly easily.
Please use plain text.