Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
colinrootz
My Device: Not Specified

Overheating and stopwatch activity????

I recently upgraded my BB Bold OS to the latest version (.168) and everything went very well and everything works fine since then.  Today, after a week and more of normal activity, I noticed that the stopwatch was flashing on and off a whole lot.  This continues ALL the time, during calls, browsing - anything.  I've also noticed that the phone now gets hot even when not in use.  It's very annoying and worrying, as I've had the phone only since the end of Sept. (6 weeks now)

Help!

Colin

Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Re: Overheating and stopwatch activity????

Hi and welcome to the forums...

TIM Italy has released .185 version for the Bold. It has improved memory management and browser capability. You can real more about it here...

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor
colinrootz
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, I'll look into it.  But... has this upgrade been known to remedy this problem?

Colin

Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Hi...

I have been following the threads on .168, .185 and .167 in other forums and I have not seen your symptom mentioned in those threads. Have you done a reboot of the device to see if this symptom will remedy? So far, there seems to be the "your mileage may vary" on those moving from .167 to .168. Some are reporting better memory management on .168 over .167. Since I am still testing .167 in our work environment, I am not going to change to .168 or .185 although I would like too.

Pull the battery while the unit is running and reboot. Then report your observations back here if you can.

Thank you...

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister