Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Brettt24
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

PARTNER CODE?

i need to talk to blackberry tech support and im being asked for my partner code? what is a partner code and where can i find it

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: PARTNER CODE?

A "partner code" is for those companies that have "partnered" with RIM for different reasons...application developers, wireless service providers, etc.  If you want BB tech support you have to pay $50 per case (at least that's what the cost was last time I checked.)

The only way for you to get free tech support from RIM is if your wireless service provider escalates your case to RIM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sam1150
My Device: BlackBerry 8900 Curve
My Carrier: O2-UK

You have to pay for support?

That is ridiculous! BlackBerry devices cost enough as it is and you have a warranty for that. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Thrust, I Trust
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

No. Again, your 1 year warranty and all technical. support is through your wireless carrier and there is no fee. Only if you bought your device from an unauthroized reseller then you won't have support and you will have to pay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sam1150

I have a warranty (in date) and i purchased from authorized seller and they want to charge me 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Thrust, I Trust
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You cannot call RIM directly. You have to go through your wireless provider for support.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sam1150

I've done that, went through my service provider and they are telling me to get my credit card ready

In Thrust, I Trust
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Ok, let's start from the beginning. First, what is the issue you're having that you need support for? Maybe we can answer the question or resolve the issue here and save everyone the hassle. Also, who is your carrier? Do they officially support BlackBerry? Do you have a BlackBerry data plan with them? Did you purchase the device from them?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sam1150

I'm having a few, the main is an app world problem (with billing), then i have a problem with receiving only half of a text (lets say the text is 2 in length, it will only receive half). 

my carrier is O2-UK, they officially support BlackBerry and i have a data plan with them & i got the device from them

In Thrust, I Trust
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You are getting the run-around. Call them back and insist if they can't fix it that they "escalate the case" to RIM. If they say no then you need to climb the support lasdder as that's how BB support works and you're getting someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
Please use plain text.