Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
trooper1954
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Paid for app....not found

I purchased an app from app world, but made the mistake of trying to download it to my BB Desktop. Now the app is not shown either on my phone or on BB desktop. How do I retrieve an app tht's paid for from BB app world?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Paid for app....not found

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trooper1954

Would you know if the app will work on a no touch B0ld 9700? I think I've found it, but it does not respond to any direction...eg + or - or scrolling.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, since you've not revealed the name of the app, I've absolutely no way to know (my clairvoyance app is on the blink right now!!). ;-)

You can look up the app in AppWorld, and doing so from your PC/browser will make navigating the page for the app simpler, and it should have all of the compatibility information on that page.

BTW -- so, do we assume that the remedy we gave you worked?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trooper1954

Yes....sorry....the directions have retrieved the app, but it does not work. It is GPS Map World by Skylabs, and the info. states it works with a Bold 9700. I'm just curious tho if that means just the touch screen? I have the regular keyboard. In any event, none of the buttons showing on screen seem to work :-(

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You must compare, from the various compatibility sections on the AppWorld catalog page, ALL of them...the model number of your BB, the OS level of your BB, and your carrier. Checking just the model number is inadequate to ensure that you are indeed running this app on a fully compatible BB.

If you find that you are fully compatible as per the AW catalog page, then your support channel is the app developer -- an email address for which should likewise be on the AW catalog page.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trooper1954

Not sure I'm clear...have a Bold 9700,running OS 6.0.0 Bundle 2921 and am using Telus as a carrier....
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Perhaps I'm not being clear...so I'll be blunt. I have no intention of doing your research for you...this site is a volunteer-contributed user-to-user community...it has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support from nor discussions with anyone at RIM, the developers, or anywhere else. I'm just another user, like you, who happens to be volunteering to try and get you pointed in the correct direction so that you can try and resolve your issue.

Hence, YOU must look at the AW catalog page for the app and compare what you just posted to what the app claims for compatibility. If they are not compatible, then you have your answer. But if they are compatible, then your next step is to contact the developer, using the email link posted on the AW catalog page.

I hope that's clear enough...and apologies for being so blunt, but you seemed to not be understanding what is going on here. I hope this helps.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trooper1954

My apologies....it was not my intent to have you think you needed to do MY research....I'm just not clear when you say the app cataloge.....I went to that app in the catalogue, and the compatability list says nothing more than BOLD 9700 is listed as compatible.....how I get more information such as serial number etc etc I am not clear, as it says nothing about that there.

Thanks for your help...it's appreciated. Just understand that not all of us are as literate with using BB as you seem to be.

My thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No worries...I just want to be sure we both understand our expectations correctly. I'm perfectly glad to continue to try and guide you...

You say there is nothing but the BB model number on the AW Catalog page? Are you, as I recommended earlier, using your PC/browser to look at the catalog? Or are you looking at the BB interface to AW. As I said, the PC/browser makes it much easier to actually look closely at the compatibility items. Let me see if I can find it for you...here it is:

That shows, in the bottom right, the devices and OS levels that are supported (they don't, it seems, care about the specific carrier you are operating on).

According to your profile information here, you have a 9700...and that is indeed listed as compatible. They also state, for your BB OS level, a requirement of "6.0.0" or higher...you can check your BB OS level via this KB:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

Unfortunately, here's where it get's tricky. If, for instance, your BB is on OS7+, and they released their app before OS7 existed, then it's possible that their OS compatibility information is actually out of date, and they may not be compatible with the specific OS level that you are running on your BB...it is up to the app developers to update their AppWorld catalog page, but some neglect that when new OS levels come out.

In any event, if you meet the two compatibility requirements (as stated on the AW catalog page), then your next step is contacting the developer of the app to find out why it's operating the way you are witnessing...and that AW catalog page lists them at support@skylab-mobilesystems.com.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.