Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ajkruth
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Password Disable

I am trying to disable the password feature on my Bold, but there's a small lock icon next to the word "Enabled" and I'm undable to choose "disable" -- so every 20 minutes my Bold locks and I'm forced to enter my password.  HELP!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Password Disable

[ Edited ]

If you are a BES account through your company, the IT Policy governs that, and you cannot change it.

Are you?

Message Edited by JSanders on 11-06-2008 12:58 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Just in case you need remove the IT Policy

Read: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remove-i-t-policy-blackberry-569/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

urumilton wrote:

Just in case you need remove the IT Policy

AND, if you are on a corporate BE, and you remove your IT Policy, you could be a heap of trouble from the BES.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cometfox
My Device: Blackberry Torch

My sister and I both have Blackberry Torches. We thought we were being smart by putting a password on the phones. It interferes with everything. We need to remove the password completely without loosing anything else in our phones. We are old and technically challenged.

Help!

Sharon

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cometfox

What is a IT?

Sharon

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Cometfox -- unless you are a corporate user or happen to have a refurb/used BB that was corporate, it is likely that the other information in this thread does not apply to you. Hence, all you need to do is to remove the password setting on your BB. If you cannot do that, check your encryption settings as sometimes those must also be turned off in order to also turn off the password:

• KB11963How to change the setting for Content Protection on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cometfox

Thank you for your advice. I don't know what encrypted means. We got our BB free on Wirefly for a two year contract. The phones were refurbished. I'm the dummy that decided to put a password on each of our phones. We just get tired of having to put it in all the time, even in the middle of a game or a song. We just want to get rid of the passwords and have our phones back to normal. If I understand the advice I receive, I do try it. Your dealing with a non-tech old lady. Try to keep all advice simple like you were trying to teach an 8 year old. When we were growing up, we didn't even have calculators.

Thank you,

Sharon

Please use plain text.
Visitor
iwanttohelp
My Device: torch 9800

hi. just to let you know i was faced with the same password problem. i think i av resolved it now. GO TO OPTIONS -  SECURITY - PASSWORD AND CLICK DISABLE. IT WILL ASK FOR UR CURRENT PASSWORD. AND I THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.  

hint: depending on ur bb model, navigating through this may be different. aim is to try to get to options, security and password settings n u should be ok.

hope this helped.

lemme know if u got questions

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cometfox

Hi to everyone that helped me,

I got rid of the password. All I had to do was take a sleeping pill, wake up, and find that I had wiped all of my bookmarks, music and settings out of the phone. I don't remember doing it, but the password is gone. Thank you for all of your help. It is worth re-setting everything to get rid of that pesky thing.

Thank you,

Sharon

Please use plain text.